Flat River Electric LLC

218 S. Washington St Lowell, MI 49331

Office Number

616-987-0513

Email

mike@flatriverelectric.com

5 Reasons You Need a Standby Generator

5 Reasons You Need a Standby Generator Lowell, MI

Are you prepared for an emergency? A standby generator powers your home during a blackout so you can stay safe and comfortable for days.  Our electrical contractors can help you find the right size (wattage) generator for your needs so you can have peace of mind. Continue reading to learn the five benefits of generator […]

How to Read a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Carbon Monoxide Alarm System Services in Grand Rapids

How to Read a Carbon Monoxide Detector Carbon monoxide poisoning brings more than 20,000 Americans to the ER each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Fortunately, our electrical contractors can install carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home so you’re protected against this silent killer.  Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. […]

5 Electrical Problems Most Common in Summer

5 Electrical Problems Most Common in Summer Lowell, MI

Whether the circuit breaker tripped (again) or you’re concerned about flickering lights, you’re not alone. We get plenty of calls from homeowners during the summer for various electrical problems. Here we have listed the top 5 electrical issues we see during the summer. If you suspect an issue with your home’s electrical system, call one […]

Why is My Electrical Outlet Sparking?

Why is My Electrical Outlet Sparking? Lowell, MI

It’s not uncommon to notice a small spark when you plug something into the electrical outlet, especially if it’s a large appliance. This is simply because the metal prongs on your plug get close enough for the electricity in your walls to “bridge the gap.” However, there are some signs that you should watch out […]

7 Reasons to Switch to LED Light Bulbs

Grand Rapids Electricians

Why waste time with incandescent light bulbs when you could be saving money with LED (light-emitting diode) lights? Our electrical contractors know how to install LED lights to lower your energy consumption and help you save money in the long run. While LED light bulbs were expensive when they first came out, prices have significantly […]

How Many Smoke Detectors Do I Need?

Grand Rapids Electricians

How many smoke detectors you’ll need for your house will depend on the number of bedrooms and stories (including the basement) you have. If you don’t already have a fire alarm system in your home, you’ll want to contact a residential electrician as soon as possible. Fire alarms save lives by giving you and your […]

How Smoke Alarms Keep You Safe

Grand Rapids Electricians

Smoke alarms give you enough time to evacuate a burning building while decreasing your risk for injury and death. If you don’t have smoke alarms in your home, you’ll want to hire a residential electrician to install smoke detectors as soon as possible. Likewise, all commercial buildings need fire alarm systems to be safe and […]

How Electricians Repair Flood Damage

Licensed Electrician in Grand Rapids MI

Flooding is common in a state like Michigan, where lakes and rivers abound. The four-season weather we experience unfortunately means that flood-causing storms can happen almost year-round. If your home has been recently flooded, keep reading to learn how licensed electricians at Flat River Electric are able to repair water damage done to your home. […]

How Electricians Make Your Home Safer

Residential Electrician Lowell MI

If you are experiencing issues with your home’s electrical system (or just want to make your home safer) we recommend calling a residential electrician. A licensed electrician at Flat River Electric will be able to suggest solutions that will keep your home safe for you and your family. For example, an electrician can install child […]

How Carbon Monoxide Alarms Save Lives

Carbon Monoxide Alarm System Services in Grand Rapids

A carbon monoxide alarm is responsible for alerting you and other residents of a leak in your home. Carbon monoxide is dangerous because it can quickly starve your body of oxygen, yet is difficult to detect without a carbon monoxide alarm system. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 Americans […]